Saturday, October 8, 2011

Meditaton

The night before last I was meditating while DH slept beside me.  I reached a level of meditation that I hadn't previously done.  I could feel and see the area around me blurring out until it was just me.  The blurring out looked like the heat waves you see coming up off the pavement in the summer.  This is definitely progress.

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to block out the pain good enough to meditate but I've found that meditating while in less pain and in a lot of pain helps to increase my meditation skills and decrease my pain levels.  A few weeks ago I was in a really bad flare (a great increase in pain) and I was able to calm myself down by deep breathing and meditation during a bout of intense pain.  That is definitely both an accomplishment, and a useful skill to have.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!