Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pagan Insights Project

Who am I?
I am a Pagan witch, who sometimes covers her head, is disabled, crafty (not in a sly way, but in an "I like to make crafts way"), a writer, a reader, an animal lover, a feminist, a partner, a kittymommy, a friend, an activist, a future mommy (like future as in a year or two, I'm not preggers now), a part of the LGBT community, a student of religion...and my favorite flowers are purple milkweed and carnations. 

Purple milkweed
Purple milkweed

Where am I at right now?
The living room.  I'm planning on making my altar soon (as in the next couple of days), and have been reading up on it and drawing diagrams of where I want things to be.

What am I studying?
I'm studying from the book Paganism: An Introduction to Earth- Centered Religions by Joyce & River Higginbotham and Energy Essentials for Witches and Spellcasters by Mya Om. I've also been studying a lot about Al-Lat and the Sabbats.

Where am I on my Pagan path?
I am making my altar and planning a ritual for the Goddess Al-Lat.

Is there a right and wrong in Paganism?
Sometimes.  I think we need to keep a moral compass, the same as any religious person or an atheist.  As far as how to do a ritual, or set up an altar, or whether to cover your hair...there is no right or wrong.  If a God or Goddess asks something of you, it can change things.

What has rituals have you done recently?
None recently.  

What is something new that I have learned, or discovered recently, that is related to your path?
I've discovered a lot about Al-Lat, which I am very happy to learn about.

Pre-Islamic Goddess Al-Lat
Pre-Islamic Goddess Al-Lat

"May Al-Lat (Goddess) grant every wish."

"Shalm-Al-Lat (Peace of Goddess)."


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!