Thursday, March 21, 2013

Perfect Ritual Robe-Found! Perfect Ritual Headcovering-Found!

Yay!  I think I found what I want for my ritual robe.  While I usually practice skyclad, there are times I want to practice in a ritual robe and a headcovering.  I got two new headcoverings that I really like, they are sarees that shipped from India.  I have one in blue and one in maroon.  Keep in mind I only bought the saree, which is the long cloth you can drape over your shoulders or over your head.

Indian saree in maroon

Indian saree in blue

Like I said, I already bought the sarees, but I haven't bought what I want for the ritual robe, yet, because, well, I just found it today and don't have the money this late in the month.  The robe I found is actually an Islamic piece of clothing called an abaya.  An abaya is a kind of cloak observant Muslim women wear.  However, I plan on buying it, cleaning it with sage, and blessing it.  I still have to do that to my new sarees and my new altar cloth.  The abaya I want for rituals is called a "Wrap Around Abaya."  Obviously, I won't be using it the same as a Muslim woman, because I'll be using it as a ritual robe, not a cloak to wear outside for modesty.  It's just perfect!  Imagine it in white with no hijab (headcovering), since I already have my own headcovering (the sarees).

The ritual robe I want is actually a wrap around abaya from  East Essence

It's on sale for only $20.99, too!  I really want to get this next month, and I hope that it's still on sale then.

1 comment:

  1. Great post!
    I really like the concept you have.
    FYI: the long scarf Indian women wear is called a dupatta, and a saree is the long length of fabric that makes up the skirt.

    BB

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!