Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Meditating on a room full of cotton balls?

A room full of cotton balls
A room full of cotton balls
Lately I've been in so much pain, and I find it so hard to meditate.  It's like I just can't reach a meditative state of mind because my mind can't get beyond the physical pain.  I used to imagine myself on a raft, near an island on the blue ocean on a sunny day.  I would concentrate on feeling the heat on my skin, the wind blowing over my body, and the raft rising up and dipping down with the ocean.  Now when I try to feel myself there, I feel the pain of the hard, rough, raft under me, the burning sensation of the heat of the sun, the nausea from the motion of the waves.  I need to find a new place to imagine myself in when I meditate!  This one just isn't working anymore.  It seems like every scene I only feel the pain it would cause, instead of the relaxation I'm seeking.  I tried a room full of bubble wrap, or a room full of cotton balls, but neither of them seemed "real" enough to work.  I'm at a loss.  I've never had this much trouble with meditation before.  Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Gently and slowly envisage a tunnel at your feet and pour all of your troubles deep into it. Then see the happiness come in through the top of your head and fill the gaps. Never forget to praise and thank your Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!