Monday, December 30, 2013

Spiritual Goals for 2014

I know that the witch's new year, Samhain, has already passed, but I have a hard time with it really feeling like a new year.  This, however, cannot be mistaken for anything but a new year coming in.  As 2013 goes out, I'd like to discuss some things I learned in 2013, and some goals I have for 2014.

I've Learned in 2013:

  1. How it feels to connect to a Goddess in meditation
  2. That sometimes all a Goddess wants of you is to study about her and acknowledge Her existence
  3. The more exposure to spiritual material you give yourself, the easier it is to understand the more complicated stuff


Goals for 2014:

  1. To cover when I feel the need, without being disabled by fear and anxiety about people looking at me
  2. To make an altar
  3. To meditate three times a week on a spiritual plane

I think these goals are things that I can accomplish next year.  When you make goals it is imperative to not say "meditate more" but to give specifics, like "meditate three times a week on a spiritual plane," like I did.  Without specifics in your target goal you can't be sure when you've reached your goal, and it's easy to start slacking off, because you don't have a specific goal that you are or are not meeting.  I'm really looking forward to 2014, and have a feeling it will really be our year.  Good luck and blessed be to my readers, as we wait hopeful and together for the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!