Saturday, November 5, 2016
Friday, November 4, 2016
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
I've always been interested in healing, and not just for myself. I've been studying herbs since I was a teenager, but with the Internet so much better than it was then, I have access to more studies and more current information than I did then.
I have to be clear, that my dad doesn't consider this witchcraft. He's a Catholic, and considers witchcraft evil. Obviously it isn't evil, but I wanted to make clear that he's not a witch.
I've loved teas and studying the uses for them for years. Some of the most simple tea remedies include chamomile for insomnia or stress, cinnamon bark tea for heartburn, fresh peeled ginger tea for pain and inflammation, or peppermint tea for an upset stomach.
Lately I've been curious about kitchen witchery, especially after reading Mrs. B's Guide to Household Witchery: Everyday Magic, Spells, and Recipes by Kris Bradley. I plan on reading a lot more about it, as it seems like it might fit at this point in my life.
I also light candles and use crystals for healing and for sending my intentions out into the Universe. There are so many ways to be a witch, and you never stop learning.
Tuesday, November 1, 2016
Tomorrow I'll be starting The 44 Days of Witchery Challenge here on Pagan Spoonie. Over the next 44 days I'll be exploring and writing about witchcraft in my life. I'm very excited! Below is the list of days and topics I'll be blogging about. I'm so excited!
1. What’s your witchy background?
2. A myth or story from folklore.
3. Witchy tools: athame.
4. Picture of nature (water element).
5. A favourite Goddess.
6. A favourite God.
7. Air element.
8. A photo of a magical place outdoors.
9. A favourite mythological animal.
10. Your sun sign.
11. Witchy tools: oils.
12. Picture of nature (air element).
13. What are some of the witchy books that influenced you?
14. A favourite pagan holiday that you celebrate.
15. Thoughts on the afterlife?
16. Favourite witchy website(s).
17. Picture of nature (fire element).
18. Have you had any paranormal experiences?
19. Fire element.
20. A picture of a tarot or oracle card, and its meaning.
21. A favourite scent.
22. Current moon phase.
23. A favourite candle.
24. Your moon sign.
25. How do your close ones feel about your witchy path? Do they know? Why or why not?
26. A witchy podcast.
27. Picture of nature (earth element).
28. A picture of a witchy I-Want-It-Now!
29. Water element.
30. Witchy tools: wand.
31. A favourite pagan/witchy movie.
32. A pagan/witchy artwork.
33. Faerie of your choice.
34. Rune of your choice.
35. Something that I think people who don’t know much about paganism/witchcraft should know.
36. Flower of your choice, and its magical properties.
37. A famous pagan/witch!
38. Witchy tools: cauldron.
39. Something that inspires you.
40. Your altar, if you have one!
41. A spell you have done.
42. A favourite nature spirit.
43. A magical recipe.
44. Witch’s choice!