Saturday, July 6, 2013

Chronic pain and magick

I suffer severe chronic pain.  I have never had a day in my life without pain, but I wasn't completely disabled by the pain until about three years ago.  I have more than one medical condition that causes pain, from a very rare illness that doctors still don't know much about yet, to a heart condition that causes my legs, feet, and hands to painfully swell, to a common painful condition that many women have, as well as other pain conditions.  Inside the house I can sometimes walk on my own, and other times I use a cane or wheelchair.  Outside of my house I use a walker or wheelchair.

Sometimes, on the really, reallly bad pain days, it really makes it hard for me to perform magick, or for me to feel energy as strongly.  Covering my head helps some, both with controlling the pain, and with settling down the chaotic energy I give off while in pain, that keeps me from feeling outside energy.  On those horrible days, with my chaotic energy, I can't seem to direct or focus my energy.

I used to be in the practice of meditating, and I could even do that while in severe pain, but I've fallen out of habit and it is harder to do than it was.  I really, really need to get back into it!

Does anyone else with chronic pain find it hard to practice magick on really, really bad pain days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!