Friday, January 2, 2015

Soon my altar will be put up, soon

DH got me three new things for my altar for Christmas, and I'm really excited about it.  We didn't do anything for Yule, in fact I wasn't aware it was Yule until someone said "Have a blessed Yule" that afternoon.  I've got everything for my altar: the altar itself, a cauldron, crystals, candles, etc.  All I have to do now is get it out of the box and set it up.  I don't use a wand, because it just doesn't feel right for me; instead I use my finger for the things other people would use a wand for.  I don't like phallic symbols or objects.
Witch cartoon created by Mark Parisi
Our kitty has been having some problems lately, so we are taking her to the vet soon.  If anyone would like to send up a few prayers for her good health, I'd appreciate it.  I don't care what religion you are.

This year I want to be more spiritual.  I want to celebrate all the Sabbats a bit more than I usually do, as well as observe the full moons.  The next full moon where I live is Sunday, January 4th at 10:54 pm.

I think the biggest challenge I've faced so far has been being able to concentrate when I'm in so much pain, like I am right now.  It makes it really hard to do magick or even celebrate the fertility or harvest of the land when I can't concentrate.  I need to start meditating again so that perhaps I can overcome these problems.  I have a CD on guided meditation for pain relief, and I really want to check that out.  I'm surprised I've had it as long as I have and not listened to it yet.  I put it up in the bedroom when I got it and forgot about it until right now.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Yule, Christmas, and New Year, if you celebrate these holidays.  If you don't I still hope the end of 2014 and the beginning of 2015 have been wonderful for  you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Please show class and respect in your comments. All comments are previewed, but anyone can comment. I welcome your comments!